Marian lives in a rural setting close to Hamilton City, New Zealand where she runs her small calligraphy business from home.
With over 20 years experience, she has completed a calligraphy course via the Society of Scribes & Illuminators UK (formerly run by the Roehampton University, London). She has also attended a number of calligraphy workshops tutored by International Calligraphers both here in NZ and in Melbourne.
Types of work completed:
Names on certificates, wedding stationery/signs, poems, matt boards, name plaques, family trees, presentations, menus, and one off calligraphy pieces.
Enjoy checking out the website and feel free to contact Marian if you have any queries or questions.
Price Guide (in NZ$)
Certificates - name & date written in black waterproof ink onto pre-printed certificates.
Cost : 1-4 certificates $10 each
5-20 certificates $7 each.
Colour ink will be an additional cost
Send me certificates with details to be added, please remember to include extra blank certificates.
Wedding Stationery guide:
Invitations can be designed at a one off cost. Artwork will be ready to take to a printer or print yourself.
Guest names onto invites - $1.50 per line in black ink, $2.00 per line in gold or coloured ink.
Envelopes Addressed - $4 per envelope in black waterproof ink, $6 per envelope in gold or coloured ink.
Placename cards -
First name e.g. "Marian" $1 per name in black. $1.50 per name in gold or coloured ink.
First & surname e.g. "Marian Riddell" $2 per name in black or $3 in gold or coloured ink.
Please allow at least 2 weeks for completion and provide a few spares
Calligraphy commission - please contact me for a quote.
Please contact Marian for more information on pricing or to book an appointment. New Zealand clients only.
Prices subject to change.
For more information
Contact Marian and provide the following information in your email:
- Wording and any additional artwork information that is to be used
- Your completion date
- Pickup and delivery options (you can collect from Gordonton, or Marian can courier)
- Quantities necessary for the job
- Materials you would like used, (ie; paper, ink etc) (Marian will be able to guide you in this choice if you are unsure)
- Email any images to Marian of what you are after
- A 50% deposit will be required before proceeding with final calligraphy piece.
The more information the better.
Workshops coming up in 2019.
Please complete the registration form below.
I would love to have you come along to one of these Saturday courses.
Aimed at Beginners... to Intermediate level.
To be held at Gordonton (either local Hall or old school room)
BYO lunch or pick up from a local cafe.
2019 Workshop options (rego from below). 10 am - 3.30pm
- Pointed Pen for Beginners - Saturday 12 October
- Italic for Beginners to Intermediate - Saturday 9 November
- Brush Lettering for Beginners - Saturday 7 December
Feedback from previous workshops...
This workshop was value for money - thanks so much
Great beginners course that covered what I wanted to know
Workshop Registration Form
Learn Calligraphy options:
1. Private Lessons These are held on a Friday at a time suitable to both parties. Cost for a 2 hr lesson is $80 per person. Worksheets are provided and pens also if required. Come along with a friend for a great 2 hrs intro to Calligraphy.
2. Attend one of the workshops above.
Email me if interested email@example.com