Woodlands Pioneer Day 6, 7, 8 October 2020
It was great meeting so many people at the Woodlands Pioneer Day. I wrote out in Pointed Pen over 250 names. Lots of people got to try out Pointed Pen for themselves using a dip pen and walnut ink. I am so impressed how the young people really got into this activity. Such concentration on the kids faces.
Italic, Brush Lettering, Pointed Pen and Gothic Lettering workshops
Sorry, due to Covid-19 I have had to cancel some 2020 workshops. Please check back. Planning is underway for 2021 workshops/classes. Please email me to go on the wait list.
Marian lives in a rural setting close to Hamilton City, New Zealand where she runs her calligraphy business from home.
With over 30 years experience, she has completed a calligraphy course via the Society of Scribes & Illuminators UK (formerly run by the Roehampton University, London). She has also attended a number of calligraphy workshops tutored by International Calligraphers both here in NZ and in Melbourne.
Types of work completed:
Names on certificates, wedding stationery/signs, poems, matt boards, name plaques, family trees, presentations, menus, and one off calligraphy pieces.
Enjoy checking out the website and feel free to contact Marian if you have any queries or questions.
Price Guide (in NZ$)
Certificates - name & date written in black waterproof ink onto pre-printed certificates.
Cost : 1-4 certificates $10 each
5-20 certificates $7 each.
Colour ink will be an additional cost
Send me certificates with details to be added, please remember to include extra blank certificates.
Wedding Stationery guide:
Invitations can be designed at a one off cost. Artwork will be ready to take to a printer or print yourself.
Guest names onto invites - $1.50 per line in black ink, $2.00 per line in gold or coloured ink.
Envelopes Addressed - $4 per envelope in black waterproof ink, $6 per envelope in gold or coloured ink.
Placename cards -
First name e.g. "Marian" $1 per name in black. $1.50 per name in gold or coloured ink.
First & surname e.g. "Marian Riddell" $2 per name in black or $3 in gold or coloured ink.
Please allow at least 2 weeks for completion and provide a few spares
Calligraphy commission - please contact me for a quote.
Please contact Marian for more information on pricing or to book an appointment. New Zealand clients only.
Prices subject to change.
For more information
Contact Marian and provide the following information in your email:
- Wording and any additional artwork information that is to be used
- Your completion date
- Pickup and delivery options (you can collect from Gordonton, or Marian can courier)
- Quantities necessary for the job
- Materials you would like used, (ie; paper, ink etc) (Marian will be able to guide you in this choice if you are unsure)
- Email any images to Marian of what you are after
- A 50% deposit will be required before proceeding with final calligraphy piece.
The more information the better.
Planning is underway for 2021 workshops.
Email me if you would like to go on the wait list.
I would love to have you come along to one of these courses.
Aimed at Beginners... to Intermediate level.
Saturday (10am - 3.30pm) Workshops:
Cost: $100 includes a comprehensive kit
April 18th - Brush Lettering (Cancelled due to Covid-19)
May 16th - Gothic/Old English (Cancelled due to Covid-19)
June 13th - Italic (sorry this one got cancelled as well!)
Feedback from previous workshops...
"This workshop was value for money - thanks so much".
"Great beginners course that covered what I wanted to know".
"Fantastic course - enjoyed it all!"
“I found this workshop amazing. So much theory and materials to read. Big, big, BIG thank you for the tools & materials. I have never been to a workshop like yours. Amazing.” (Italic workshop)
Want to learn calligraphy?
Learn Calligraphy options:
1. Private Lessons These are held on a Thursday or Friday at a time suitable to both parties. Cost for a 2 hr lesson is $100 per person. A substantial Work book is provided along with pencil, chisel felt pen and dip pen, nibs and ink (Italic lessons). Come along with a friend for a great 2 hrs intro to Calligraphy. Italic is a great style to learn if you are a beginner. 2nd lesson is $80.
2. Attend a workshops (2021 details to come)
3. Get a group of 5-10 friends together and I can put together a workshop for 2 hours in the day/evening. You will need to provide a suitable sized room e.g. church hall etc. I can provide the kits and teaching. Contact me for more info. Prices from $100 per person.
Email me if interested email@example.com